Is your clinic staff overwhelmed with endless administrative tasks? Do they want to devote more time to treating patients? Do you feel your clinic is losing revenue? If your answer is yes to any of these questions, then you need to change the way you manage your healthcare facility. Technology can help.
With the right technology, you can optimize your workflow, automate routine tasks, increase your overall efficiency, and make your clinic develop and thrive. Learn about how you can benefit from clinic management software in this blog post.
Seven undeniable benefits of using software for clinic management
Advancements in software technology transformed the way the healthcare industry worked in earlier years. Today, the whole range of everyday administrative tasks can be simplified and automated. A proper software solution will allow clinic owners and directors to increase efficiency, improve their service, and reap the following benefits:
Paperless workflow management. One of the basic advantages of using clinic management software is that it allows you to get rid of manual paperwork, which is time-consuming and error-prone. The right software helps you maintain all critical documentation and patient information.
By using technology to keep and track your records, you and your staff can: get easier access to health data, avoid storing and managing bulky paper files, and establish a more effective workflow.
- Easier access to patient data. Tracking, storing, retrieving, and sharing patient information with ease is critical for any healthcare provider. By using the right solution, practitioners can access all patient information to track treatment progress with a few clicks.
- Easier coordination among specialists. With an integrated record-keeping system in place, your staff members in different medical specialties can easily coordinate with each other to reach desired patient outcomes.
- Improved efficiency. Clinic management software can enhance the overall efficiency of your healthcare facility by automating the entire workflow, from scheduling appointments to billing to patient management. Automated daily administrative processes enable your staff to save time and focus on delivering care to patients.
- Greater patient satisfaction. Clinic management software commonly features online booking functionality. This means patients don’t need to contact your receptionist directly to schedule, reschedule, or cancel their appointments. They can make bookings 24/7 online.
- Greater accuracy. As tasks are automated, the risks of human mistakes or scheduling and billing inconsistencies are eliminated.
- Cost savings. With clinic management software, you no longer need to worry about patient no-shows, as the system will send automated reminders to patients about their upcoming appointments. This increases their likelihood of patients showing up and prevents you from losing revenue.
Must-have features of clinic management software
#1 Online booking
Online booking is a critical feature for clinic management software. It significantly simplifies the process of scheduling appointments. Just set your availability and let your patients book a free time slot 24/7.
This provides convenience for both you and your patients by relieving you from the necessity of playing endless phone tag with patients while scheduling appointments.
Online booking also allows patients to reschedule or cancel their appointments if necessary without reaching you within working hours. By automating the booking process, you can get fully booked with minimum effort, minimize overlapping appointments and no-shows, and devote more time to delivering care.
Clinic management software can provide various options for booking appointments. One of the most popular and convenient is integrating a widget with a clinic’s existing online platform. With a booking widget, patients can book appointments directly from your website or social media account. Besides, you can customize the widget to increase brand awareness.
Automated appointment reminders are another valuable feature of clinic management software. There can be various reasons why patients miss appointments. One of the most common is because they simply forget about them. Patient no-shows and last-minute cancelations can significantly harm your business and cause monetary losses. By sending automated appointment reminders, you can mitigate this.
Also, appointment reminders can enhance the patient experience and increase patient loyalty, thus driving revenue with little effort from your side.
#3 Video calls
In the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, lots of people have a tough time receiving healthcare services because of lockdowns. Telemedicine has become a real chance to get medical advice while practicing social distancing. Of course, not all healthcare services can be delivered online. However, multiple non-emergency symptoms and health conditions can be dealt with through telehealth services.
Here’s a list of services American patients expect to use telehealth for based on the 2021 Telehealth Survey by SingleCare:
You can support your patients at a distance by providing online consultation through video calls. Most clinic management software solutions provide secure communication via video calls to connect with patients in a personal way and win their trust.
Besides, contactless communication enables both patients and your staff to stay healthier and reduces the risk of contamination. This is particularly relevant for patients with pre-existing conditions, patients with disabilities, and immunocompromised patients.
#4 Patient management
Patient management is one of the most important features for clinic management software. It allows you to maintain up-to-date patient information including medical histories, medications, possible allergies, and lab results. It also provides quick and easy access to patient data for all practitioners involved in treating a patient, aiding in the achievement of desired outcomes.
Besides, such solutions often offer customizable forms to gather necessary information before appointments and between them to provide top-notch healthcare services. By storing all patient data within one platform, you relieve patients from providing the same information multiple times, which improves the overall patient experience.
There are situations when patients don’t need to make a video call with a practitioner but want to tackle some critical issues quickly. For this, messaging is necessary. It’s much more convenient both for patients and doctors to keep their entire communication history in one easily accessible place with no need to switch between messengers.
With chat functionality, you can share important information and files with your patients in real time from any device to solve their concerns as quickly as possible. The most important thing to remember is that clinic management software should use SSL encryption to ensure data integrity and security.
With integrated online payments, you can simplify billing and ensure you get paid for your services. Many clinic management software solutions allow users to set payment rules. This means you can require full or partial payment before an appointment. Also, some solutions enable you to set a refund policy in case patients cancel their appointments.
A payment system that’s embedded in a clinic management software solution lets your patients pay with their card without leaving the platform. Besides, it’s extremely convenient to create and send invoices, get paid, and manage your financial documents within the same tool.
#7 Staff management
As a clinic owner, you need to manage not only your patients but also your staff. With a staff management feature, you can set roles for your staff members, assign experts to services, and delegate responsibilities. Staff management allows you to ensure critical data is only accessible to authorized users. Besides, it allows you to easily coordinate the work of various practitioners with the same patient.
How to choose clinic management software: Four aspects to consider
With multiple options on the market, choosing the platform that best fits your clinic’s needs might be challenging. That’s why we’ve prepared a list of aspects you need to consider when choosing clinic management software for your healthcare facility.
- Ease of use. Ensure the solution you choose is easy to implement and use for you, your staff, and your patients. We recommend that you opt for web-based platforms that require no downloading so that software is updated automatically.
- Security. As clinic management software involves entering, storing, accessing, and sharing lots of staff and patient data, it’s critical that your chosen solution is fully encrypted and complies with HIPAA requirements.
Customizability. Ensure your selected platform can fully meet your requirements. For example, you may want to set certain healthcare services as available on certain days or let patients choose certain practitioners to schedule appointments with.
Also, check whether your chosen tool can support your brand vision and increase brand awareness. Opt for white-label solutions that allow you to provide an excellent patient experience with your own branding.
- Tech support. No matter how reliable a solution may be, issues might arise. Ensure your clinic management software provider offers quick tech support via a convenient communication channel (chat, email, or phone).
Managing a clinic is time-consuming and challenging. Routine administrative tasks are a necessary part of your clinic’s functioning. However, they can take too much of your staff members’ time that could be devoted to providing healthcare services to your patients.
Clinic management software can help you solve this problem.
By using clinic management software, you can streamline your staff’s workflow, cut costs, and enhance the patient experience. Learn more about how clinic management software can help you run your healthcare facility efficiently.